Introduction to Topics that Earn
Including high CPC (cost-per-click) keywords in your writing can be extremely beneficial to making money and driving traffic to your posts. By using these types of keywords as a jumping off point for your articles and writing from a unique point of view (write something that hasn’t been done before!) you may be able to help bring more traffic to your posts.
Google has a number of tools that help you choose keywords including:
Google Keyword Ideas
(This tool show you how many searches are done for keywords per month and what type of competition they face. If you have a general idea of what you want to write about, this tool can help you refine your keywords)
(This tool shows how often a particular search term is entered over time. This can help you to see what keywords/topics are gaining popularity among searchers, indicating that you may want to write about them, or which topics are declining in popularity)
Some Topics Which You May Want to Consider Writing About
- Class action lawsuits– people frequently search for information about class action lawsuits, new laws that are being passes, recalls, and similar events.
- How To articles. Consider writing these articles about anything that you think users may be looking for, from “How to make deviled eggs” to “How to Register to Vote” to “How to File My Taxes”. Think about How To topics that relate to upcoming seasons, holidays, or events.
- Any current event–a write up about an upcoming baseball match, nominees for an upcoming awards show, or a preview of a tv show that is about to premiere. These are only a few examples of the many types of current events your could cover in your posts.
- Anything relating to investments—many people are looking for safe ways to invest their money. You can be the one to tell them about ways to invest, online brokers, a comparison of ways to invest, or anything related to investing.
- Banking—different types of bank accounts, bankruptcy, etc. Anything financial is common among highly searched terms.
- Health topics—information about diseases and treatments. Many people also search for alternative treatment options. Health topics can range from acne to obesity or hangnail solutions to types of cancer.
- Anything that isn’t already easily found on the web. If you search for a topic in Google and don’t find many/beneficial results, consider doing your own research and writing about that topic. If you searched for it, other people will be too, and a well written article about a little-covered topic can bring you a lot of traffic!
There are many different topics that you can write about to earn money and these are just a small number of topics to get the gears turning in your mind. If you are finding that you aren’t earning as much as you expected, don’t give up! Once you post an article it has the potential to earn as long as it exists, meaning that just because a post may not be making you money now, doesn’t mean that it won’t in the future.
This post will be frequently updated to give our users new, fresh ideas for things to write about, so be sure to check back if you’re ever experiencing writer’s block or aren’t sure what your next article should be about!