Are you planning to spend a grand retired life? Are you planning to spend the retired life sitting all the day in front of a blue ocean? Then you must consider immigrate to Costa Rica after retiring. The country has lot to offer – a grand lifestyle, a suitable cost index to live, and most importantly a serene landscape. So, if you are approaching your retirement and you have planned already to spend your after-retirement life in Costa Rica, then here are some important tips and facts for you –
• On the first place, you need to arrange the Costa Rica immigration. Actually, the students get the immigration in the easiest way through student’s visa. But you need to apply for a long term visa to immigrate there.
• To acquire a long term visa to Costa Rica, you need to go to the nearest Costa Rican embassy to your place. You can apply for the visa online too. After you applied for the visa, you will be given an appointment at the embassy. There, you need to submit all the necessary documents asked by the embassy. Apart from that you need to go through an interview session. You will obtain the visa shortly if you have impressed the embassy officials during the interviews.
• The second way to immigrate there is through the work permits. Now, obtaining a work permit directly to Costa Rica can be pretty difficult. So it will be a wiser thing if you are working for an MNC and get a transfer to Costa Rican branch of the company. In that case, it will be the duty of your company to arrange the work permit for you.
• You can apply for the citizenship of Costa Rica under certain provisions. After residing there for some time, check if you are eligible for the citizenship or not.
The words of caution
If you have made your mind to spend the retirement life in Costa Rica, then you should remember the following factors –
• It is essential to plan everything way ahead of time. Enroll for some kind of retirement plans, which will provide you enough benefits so that you can enjoy your retired life.
• You need to arrange the accommodation way before live in Costa Rica.
• Don’t get engaged with any kind of illegal deals with unauthorized agencies or persons during immigration process.
If you cannot find the answer to your question or problem in these help pages, please use our contact page to get in touch.