In today’s volatile and uneasy society, workplace security is no longer something that is easily accomplished by keeping doors locked or handing out access cards to employees. Instead, maintaining a safe workplace requires maintaining a variety of security measures involving high-tech surveillance cameras and 24-hour patrol teams comprised of experienced law enforcement officers.
Crimes against corporations continue to increase nationwide and show no signs of abating. Theft of inventory, money and expensive equipment as well as vandalism, arson and especially workplace violence continue to make corporate security a necessary aspect of any business operation.
Improving Workplace Safety with Physical Security
Nothing deters criminals better than seeing an armed, professional law enforcement officer patrolling a building. Although surveillance cameras may help identify and catch perpetrators, they do not prevent the crime from occurring. In addition, using experienced police officers as part of your security system means that criminals can be arrested on the spot and hauled off to jail. Security guards who are not police officers cannot arrest anyone; they can only detain them.
Corporate Security Solutions All Business Must Have to Ensure Workplace Safety
• Posting officers at all access points and/or office entrances
• Install metal detectors and man them with security personnel
• Issue photo ID cards or temporary passes to all employees and visitors
• Consider having security personnel confirm appointments when visitors arrive by contacting the appropriate office
• Arrange furniture, desks, partitions and other “barriers” to provide front-line employees with some form of protection
• Have employees take personal protection classes and Tactical Casualty Training in the event of a terrorist attack or mass shooting
• Establish code phrases or words to alert employees that a dangerous situation is occurring and help is needed immediately
• Install “under the counter” alarms to signal security officers if someone becomes violent or threatens violence
Businesses Without Trained Security are Vulnerable to Physical Attacks
Government buildings, airports, schools, biochemical plants, financial institutions and media organizations remain areas most vulnerable to violent attacks by domestic and foreign criminals. Successfully preventing violence from entering your business means having a building and its surroundings professionally evaluated and protected by trained law enforcement who have years of experience defending the public against crimes and criminals who instigate these heinous crimes.
Sense of Security
Seeing law enforcement personnel patrolling the grounds of a large corporation or installation gives customers and employees a strong sense of security, which not only improves productivity of employees but also imparts a clear message to customers that the business cares about their safety.
LawMan Security & Consulting is the Tri-State area’s real professional security company staffed exclusively by active-duty law enforcement officers. We offer a wide range of services, including security and consulting, private investigation, and a host of personal protection and other classes. If you are looking for a professional security company using the keyword security companies in Kentucky, LawMan Security & Consulting can be a right choice. Visit us at Realpolicerealprotection.com.